Someone once said, “The best medicine in the world is a mother’s hug.” Well-intentioned mothers want only the best for their families, especially their children — the best family, education, and future. Ideally, children find comfort in their mother’s arms. A husband feels like the king of the world to his wife. But when things go wrong, where do mothers go for love, help, and comfort?
Who’s on Usapang Hugot
Victoria Li Gan, also known as Vicky, is a 65-year-old widow with four adult children. She is a cancer survivor and a volunteer Glorious Hope Life Coach at Christ’s Commission Fellowship (CCF) in Malolos, Bulacan.
Vicky joins us on this episode to share how she grew up with her mother rejecting and verbally abusing her. She talks about the effects of the said abuse and how it affected the way she sees herself and her circumstances. Vicky also shares how she was able to rise up and look forward to another tomorrow after the tragedies that happened in her life.
“I’m excited to see the beautiful colors of the rainbow again. Dati, puro darkness. I choose to hope. And I choose to love again.” – Vicky Li Gan
On this episode of Usapang Hugot:
- How Vicky was rejected by her own mother while she was growing up
- When she realized why her mother treated her that way
- What she did when she found love
- The sacrifices she endured to keep her family together
- Why her children had to go away and stay with other relatives
- The effects of this separation on the children
- How she coped with the unfaithfulness of her husband
- Acknowledging her shortcomings in the marriage
- The turning point that led her back to God
- How she processed her cancer diagnosis
- How she coped with the consecutive tragedies in her life
- Her realizations when she joined the program
- Any well-intentioned mother wants the best education for her children. More than anything, children want the comfort of having a mother beside them.
- You don’t need to work for God’s love.
- If you feel invaluable, don’t trust your emotions. You are always valued by God.
Connect with DWIZ:
- Hotline: (02) 470 1750 to 54
- Globe: (0915) 709 0882
- Smart: (0908) 136 6060
Like, Share, and Follow!
Thank you for listening to this week’s episode of Usapang Hugot!
If you like this episode, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to hear more stories of people who found hope and overcame life’s hurdles. If you want to learn more about how we can help you, go to www.GloriousHope.org.ph.
Did you miss this episode?
Watch this episode here:
Episode 12: Pasan Ko Ang Daigdig with Victoria Li Gan