People worry about different things — a student preparing for an exam, a mother caring for her sick child, a boss thinking how to keep the business profitable and running. How do you know when your worrying is beyond what’s normal and ordinary?
According to WebMD, anxiety disorder is an umbrella term that refers to a group of different mental illnesses. These conditions include feelings of tremendous worry and fear that disables a person’s ability to function — to eat, sleep, and live.
Who’s on Usapang Hugot
Emy Catap is a Glorious Hope (GH) volunteer at Christ’s Commission Fellowship (CCF) in Malolos, Bulacan. She is married with two children and enjoys living a simple life with her family.
Emy joins us on this episode to share how she lived a fearful life under the authority of her violent, abusive, and drunkard father. She talks about how she continued to live a fearful and miserable life for seven years as she endured anxiety disorder. She shares how she learned to let go of her worries and what she discovered about the things she can do.
“Sabi sa program, even ‘yung deepest pain mo, alam ni God. Nagkaroon ako ng breakthrough na kung alam Niya, naiintindihan Niya ‘yung totoong alam ng isip ko.” – Emy Catap
On this episode of Usapang Hugot:
- Manifestations of anxiety disorder
- The differences among the various types of anxiety disorder
- How growing up with a violent and drunkard father affected her
- How she pacified her father as a young girl
- Why she attempted to commit suicide
- When she discovered she had an anxiety disorder
- The different remedies she tried in the hopes of overcoming her disorder
- What she felt while sharing her burdens with her Glorious Hope Life Coach
- How she connected her distorted view of God to her abusive father
- The first time she hugged her mother
- Why she didn’t seek refuge from her mother as a child
- How Glorious Hope helped her regarding her disorder, relationships, and the things she can do
- A person with an anxiety disorder has great difficulties in making decisions.
- If you are suffering from anxiety disorder, seek help.
- There is hope at Glorious Hope.
Connect with DWIZ:
- Hotline: (02) 470 1750 to 54
- Globe: (0915) 709 0882
- Smart: (0908) 136 6060
Like, Share, and Follow!
Thank you for listening to this week’s episode of Usapang Hugot!
If you like this episode, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to hear more stories of people who found hope and overcame life’s hurdles. If you want to learn more about how we can help you, go to www.GloriousHope.org.ph.
Did you miss this episode?
Watch this episode here:
Episode 14: Takot Ako with Emy Catap