People do different things to cope with stress. Some women go shopping. Employees quit their jobs. Teenagers turn to friends or spend hours on their phone.
A common theme in all these situations, avoidance or escape is one of the ways that people do to protect themselves from awkward emotions and situations. The question is, how long can you keep running before your problems start to catch up with you?
Who’s on Usapang Hugot
Originally from Laguna, Millie Santuile is the wife of last episode’s guest Ronald Santuile. She is a mother of three and is also a Glorious Hope volunteer like her husband. She is also a solopreneur where she provides customized tabletop fountains to her clients.
Millie joins us on this episode to share where and how she learned to use avoidance as a way to escape compromising and uncomfortable situations. She shares how she successfully avoided awkward situations in school, how this coping mechanism affected her marriage, and the recent breakthrough she’s had concerning her family.
“Na-learn ko na kapag magkakaroon ng hindi magandang sitwasyon sa pamilya, pwede pa rin akong tumakbo pero sa Panginoon na.” – Millie Santuile
On this episode of Usapang Hugot:
- How she stumbled as she continually avoided facing her marital problems
- What stopped her from going back to her husband
- What made her come home to her family again
- How her husband responded to her confession of unfaithfulness
- Running away from problems does not solve anything in our lives.
- While running away may give a temporary satisfaction, it eventually results in self-exhaustion.
- Face your issues head on and realize that to every problem, God provides an appropriate solution.
Connect with DWIZ:
- Hotline: (02) 470 1750 to 54
- Globe: (0915) 709 0882
- Smart: (0908) 136 6060
You will never know what you can do until you try! Join this year’s run Unlock: Discover Your Potential and find out what you’re really capable of.
Register online today at www.GloriousHope.org.ph/participate.
Learn about the nearest location near you at www.GloriousHope.org.ph/locations.
Like, Share, and Follow!
Thank you for listening to this week’s episode of Usapang Hugot!
If you like this episode, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to hear more stories of people who found hope and overcame life’s hurdles. If you want to learn more about how we can help you, go to www.GloriousHope.org.ph.
Did you miss this episode?
Watch this episode here:
UH017: Takbo Girl Takbo with Millie Santuile